What you need:
- 1 package lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 oz pasta sauce, I use Rao’s tomato basil
- Ricotta cheese
- 1 fresh ball of mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly into 9 slices
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Cook lasagna as instructed on package.
- While lasagna is cooking, season ground beef with salt and pepper, and brown over medium heat. Add half jar of pasta sauce to make meat sauce.
- Drain pasta.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch deep baking dish and spread a layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Set out a layer of cooked lasagna on a cutting board. Spread a light layer of ricotta cheese over the noodles. Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella over top. Add another layer of noodles. Spread a light layer of meat sauce over noodles. Roll the noodles up. This gets messy, but try to keep as much filling inside as possible. Place in a greased 9×13 inch pan with the opening of the pasta facing up.
- Repeat step 4 until you’ve used all your pasta. Pour any remaining meat sauce over top of the roll ups as well as any pasta sauce left in the jar.
- Top each roll up with a slice of fresh mozzarella and a sprinkle of parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melty and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with side salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!