This was very much a throw it together and see what happens meal. It’s also very much on the light side if you’re looking for a low carb, high protein meal. The citrus mixed with the fish was the perfect pair. This could be made with any white fish or even shrimp, but we used trout because it’s easy and cheap! This recipe makes 4 servings.
What you need:
For the fish:
- 4 trout fillets (about 1 lb)
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- Diced avocado
- Diced cucumber
What to do:
- Pat filets dry. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Cook fish, skin side first for 3 minutes each side.
- Cook cauliflower rice as instructed on bag.
- Meanwhile, mix together yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Season cooked rice with extra like juice and cilantro, if you want.
- Assemble bowl with rice, fish, avocado, cucumber, and dressing.