If you’re looking for a way to switch things up in the kitchen, but don’t want to do anything tooooo challenging, this recipe is for you! It only requires a few ingredients and little time. You can prep the peppers ahead of time too for even quicker assembly.
What you need:
- 1 bag mini bell peppers, halved long ways
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp Taco seasoning
- Mexican blend cheese
- corn – optional
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt – optional for topping
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Brown ground beef. Drain excess fat.
- Mix in taco seasoning, 1/3 cup water, black beans and corn.
- Spread halved bell peppers on baking sheet or casserole dish. I lined mine with foil for easy cleanup.
- Season peppers lightly with taco seasoning.
- Pour taco meat mixture over top and sprinkle layer of shredded cheese on top
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and any other toppings you like.