Ok this is possibly the easiest meal I’ve made in a minute, and it’s so so good. You need minimal ingredients, and minimal time which makes it the perfect weeknight meal. You could also skip the shrimp if you’re not into it and I think it would be just as good.
What you need:
- 1 cup dry rice
- 1/2 lb shrimp, raw
- 1 lb smoked sausage (I used the heat and eat kind), sliced into half inch slices
- Shaved Brussels sprouts (I buy these in a bag ready to throw on the skillet)
- balsamic glaze (not vinegar – I use this)
What to do:
- Cook rice as instructed on box
- Heat oil on skillet. Add sausage
- In another skillet, pour in Brussels and spray with spray olive or avocado oil. Do not spray too heavily. Toss occasionally, adding more oil as needed. Allow them to burn a little (don’t stir too often).
- In the same skillet with the sausage, add the shrimp, season as you like. I used garlic salt.
- Once your Brussels are charred, remove from heat and drizzle with balsamic glaze and honey. This is an eyeball measurement, but you prob need less honey than balsamic.
- Assemble bowls: rice, Brussels, shrimp and sausage, and top with some extra balsamic glaze. Enjoy!