This meal has become something of a staple in our home lately. We have it most every week. It’s so simple, but it’s also packed with flavor and produces leftovers! I take it for lunch a couple times a week as we usually have 2 servings leftover, and it’s just as good warmed up in the microwave. It started as a Facebook video recipe we saw and we just kind of adapted it to work for us! I always serve with crispy Brussels and coconut jasmine rice.
What you need:
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken thighs (boneless skinless)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp spicy ketchup or sriracha
- 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp corn starch mixed
What to do:
- Place chicken in an even layer in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Pour in all other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. If chicken is done early, you can turn crockpot to warm.
- Shred and let the chicken soak in the mixture for ~30 minutes or more.
- Serve with rice or noodles and veggies of choice!