I went from thinking Brussels sprouts were repulsive to ordering them every time I see them on a menu. Crispy Brussels are all the rage at so many restaurants now, but every time I try to make them at home they end up soggy and gross. I’ve tried my fair share of Brussels recipes, and I finally found one I love. It’s delicious and foolproof. You only need a few things!
What you need:
- 1 lb Brussels, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Trim and halve your brussels.
- Toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and toss. Return to oven for 15 more minutes. They should char.
- Remove from oven and toss in maple syrup and red pepper flakes.
- Return to oven for 3 minutes.