These have been a hit since I was in high school and making them for my classmates. I make them every single year for Valentine’s Day and just give them to whomever I happen to be around that year. Steven is always happy to taste test for these!
what you need:
- 1 box Duncan Hines strawberry cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate chips to your heart’s desire (I usually use 1-1.5 cups)
what to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together dry ingredients (cake mix and baking powder)
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients (vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla)
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Once combined, fold in chocolate chips (fold in the cheese, David!)
- Place 1 inch scoops onto lined baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 8 minutes.
- you do not want your cookies to brown on top because at this point the bottoms will burn.