This recipe was given to my mom years ago by someone very dear to me. I have so many memories of my mom making this in the summers. It’s incredible by itself, but top with some vanilla ice cream, and you’re in for a treat.
What You Need:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Parkay margarine
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Apple Pie Filling
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix together brown sugar, oats, flour, and salt.
- Cut in margarine until crumbs form.
- Pour half mixture into bottom of greased 9×13″ pan. Press down.
- Open your apple pie filling and stick a knife inside the jar to chop up the apples into smaller pieces, if desired.
- Pour pie filling onto bottom layer of crust. Top with a dusting of cinnamon.
- Pour remaining crust on top and press down. Top with crushed walnuts or pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While cooking, combine powdered sugar with a splash of water to thin for icing.
- Drizzle over warm crisp when you take it out of the oven.
- Serve with ice cream, or enjoy it by itself!