Baaaaaaked spaghetti!!! Shoutout to my Aunt Cindy for this recipe. My mom used to make it on a regular basis and I’ve always loved it. It’s great for a family because it makes several servings, but it’s also delicious warmed up for leftovers throughout the week if you don’t have a whole crew to feed. Ingredients and dishes are minimal, and so is prep time. This is also a great freezer meal for yourself or to give to others during hectic seasons of life. Just prepare through step 4 and place in the freezer. Cook as instructed whenever you’re ready to eat it. Serve with a side salad and some garlic bread, and you’re in for a treat!
What you need:
- 12 oz of pasta of choice – I always use Banza for some extra protein
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (I get regular spice but mild or medium would be good if you want to spice it up)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 8-12 oz mozzarella cheese
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook spaghetti as instructed on box.
- Brown sausage.
- Drain spaghetti when done. Add in spaghetti sauce, cooked sausage, diced tomatoes, and cottage cheese. Mix it up
- Pour into greased casserole dish. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- if cooking from frozen, will require around 45 minutes to an hour.