These are delicious, and pretty easy. The salsa requires a bit of prep, but you can make it in advance and refrigerate for an easy week night meal!
What you need:
- 1 lb tilapia or white fish of choice
- tortillas, I prefer corn but flour or a mixture would work as well
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 diced jalapeño, optional
For Fish Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- chopped cilantro, to your liking
What do to:
- Combine all ingredients for salsa. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for fish sauce. Set aside
- Season both sides of tilapia to your liking. I used garlic, salt, paprika, pepper, and a sprinkle of cumin.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side, until internal temperature reaches 145° F.
- Tear fish into small pieces.
- Warm tortillas – to do this, I wrap 3 tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Fill warmed tortillas with fish, pineapple salsa, and top with fish sauce.