I love a good pasta salad. This was the first time I tried using orzo, and I’m so glad I did. The smaller size of each piece of pasta allows you to really enjoy the flavors of the other ingredients while still getting a bit of pasta in there too. It’s definitely not the main ingredient, and I love that. This simple recipe is great for a meal prepped lunch for the week. It stores in the fridge for 5 days. You could also do it without chicken, but I love a one bowl meal, protein included.
What you need:
- 16 oz orzo
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned and grilled
- I use sweet smoked paprika, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper
What to do:
- Cook orzo as instructed on package. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, dice your vegetables and season and grill your chicken.
- Mix vegetables, cheese, oil, and lemon juice and seasonings with cooled orzo. Toss to mix well.
- Top with sliced, grilled chicken. Mix together and enjoy!