It’s faaaallll! It actually felt more like winter to me in Texas this weekend. I’ve lived here for 2 years and have become completely intolerant to any weather below 60 degrees! We really needed a warm meal tonight, something super cozy, and this did the trick! It’s so simple, and it makes plenty of leftovers if you’re just cooking for two.
What you need:
- Chuck roast or round roast, around 2-3 lbs
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Pat roast dry, sear on stove over high heat on each side
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Mix together seasonings and sprinkle over roast
- Pour in beef broth.
- Add largely chopped onion and carrots
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve over mashed potatoes